Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Top 5 List of Bad-ass Video Game Characters

One of the most important trait of a main character in a videogame is for them to look strong and capable most of the time so that the players would want to feel and be the character they are playing. Today, I present my Top 5 List of Bad-ass Video Game Characters! Please note that these are only my opinion that I want to share.

Snake - Metal Gear Solid


Snake is known for his amazing stealth and infiltration skills, but, what actually made him bad-ass is that he makes use of a cardboard box as a disguise! Anyone who could make use of a cardboard box effectively as a disguise is either crazy or just really bad-ass!

Shepard - Mass Effect




Of course, Shepard should be on the list! He managed to save the universe from the Reapers by sacrificing his own life and fought a lot of strong creatures such as the Thresher Maw! Shepard is also good with women, if making out with Miranda is not bad-ass enough, I don't know what else is!

Wander - Shadow of the Colossus




One of my favorite characters, he killed all the colossi single-handedly by only using his Ancient Sword, no other fancy magic or whatever.



Kratos - God of War




When we hear the word "bad-ass videogame characters", I'm sure Kratos is always the first character who will come up to our minds, why not? he slaughtered many Gods, Greek Heroes, Titans and killed a lot of other monsters single-handedly! Need I say more?

Mario - Super Mario




It's a surprise that Mario is on top of my list, maybe because of his funny and friendly appearance, with his silly mustache, red and blue jumpsuit, fat belly, with a disturbingly close resemblance to Ron Jeremy, anyone would wonder how he's the most bad-ass videogame character for me. Here's the reason why:

1. Tell me how many times and how many levels did he need to finish and castles to raid just to save Princess Peach?

2. He managed to save the galaxy twice! that's right, twice! (Mario galaxy 1 and 2)

3. He's not just a plumber, he can also be a doctor (Dr. Mario)

4. Kicked Donkey Kong's ass just to save his ex (Remember the nes game when he was used to be called as "Jumpman"?)

5. He has a pet dinosaur. Yoshi.

6. There's literally no way you can defeat him on any competition! Seriously, he's good in kart racing, he's good in brawling, he's good in sports, he's also good in board games! WTH? I don't know what he's weakness is! Let's just hope his pee-pee's tiny.

Have any bad-ass videogame characters you'd like to share? Feel free to add a comment below.